I'm a Water Baby

Maybe I should rephrase: I love living near water. It could be a pool...here are a few that look refreshing:





or a tranquil lake:




or an amazing ocean view like one of these:



Give me any of these views and I would be thrilled.

When I was a kid, we lived in Florida and went to the beach several times a year. I think that Florida's sand is the nicest sand in the US. It's soft and white (on most beaches), although I'm not the biggest fan of the Atlantic Ocean, but I did love it as a kid. We moved to Michigan when I was about 15 and lived on the lake in Grand Haven. The winters on the lake are brutal, but the summers are amazing. I think these pictures show why I loved living there so much:




About 13 years ago, I had the opportunity to live in Hawaii in a condo on the beach! The sound of the waves gently crashing and lulling you to sleep; the beautiful sunsets and spectacular full moons reflecting off the ocean will live with me forever. The downside of living right on the ocean is the damage that the salt air can do to your stuff...but it's totally worth it!!

It's gloomy and rainy here today; maybe that's making me nostalgic for a sunny day and a body of water near by. I am in limbo right now...renting a room from someone...so no current plans for any decorating. I can't wait until I have a place to call my own.

'til next time,

Heather


All pics were found via Google search.

0 comments:

Post a Comment